THE CIRCUIT: EXECUTOR RISING (Science Fiction / Space Opera)
Book One of The Circuit Trilogy
Release date – May 15, 2015 (Diversion Books)
“A hard-charging opener to a promising, if bloody, space-opera series.” – Kirkus Reviews
Centuries after Earth was rendered an uninhabitable wasteland, humanity was forced from its homeworld and founded the Kepler Circuit, a string of colonies throughout the solar system. These settlements provide resources to the remnants of humankind, the most important resource being the newly discovered element—Gravitum—found only in the Earth’s unstable mantle.
But a powerful religious faction known as the New Earth Tribunal has risen to preside over most of the Circuit. Though there is barely a faction left to challenge them, a string of attacks on the Tribunal’s freighters causes them to suspect their mortal enemies, the Ceresians, of foul play.
Tasked with solving the problem is Sage Volus: Tribunal Executor. Spy.
Sage quickly infiltrates the ranks of a roguish, Ceresian mercenary named Talon Rayne, seeking to discover the truth behind the attacks, but the longer she works amidst Talon and his squad, the more she finds her faith in the Tribunal tested.
While her quest for answers only unearths more questions, a new threat is on the rise, and it plans to bring down the Tribune once and for all…
Praise for Rhett Bruno and The Circuit: Executor Rising
– 2015 Cygnus Award Finalist
– 2015 National Indie Excellence Award Finalist
– 2014 Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Winner
- “Space opera that fans of Firefly and its ilk will appreciate.”—San Francisco Book Review
- “As imaginative and exciting as the story is, however, it wouldn’t work without a good cast of characters. ‘Executor Rising’ has ’em.”—SFCrowsnest
- “As unique a story as any SciFi I’ve read in a while. I am now a fan of Rhett Bruno.”—Phillip Tomasso, bestselling author of the “Vaccination Series”
- “Bruno has crafted a complex, multi-dimensional story that combines the best of his genre with age-old truths–and quandaries–about humanity, politics, religion, family, and, yes, love.” —Portland Book Review
- “The characters are intriguing and the plot is quite good at making you want to know what happens next. On the whole an interesting book and a very good debutant work. I think I might just pick up the next book if one comes out.” —PG’s Ramblings
- “If you are a fan of The Expanse series, or anything remotely in the same vein, then The Circuit: Executor Rising is probably a book you should take a good, hard look at picking up sometime.” —20four12
- “The Circuit is a hit and I urge you to give it a try.” —Speculative Fiction Review
- “This was a wild ride of mercenaries, thieving and political sabotage. Add a dash of sexual tension and I was hooked.” —Cellar Door Lit Rants & Reviews