Release date – June 21, 2016 (Random House Hydra)
In this gritty and innovative science fiction thriller in the vein of Philip K. Dick’s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, turmoil on one of Saturn’s moons rattles Earth’s most powerful citizens—and draws one planet-hopping rogue into a fight he never saw coming.
Malcolm Graves lives by two rules: finish the job, and get paid. After thirty years as a Collector, chasing bounties and extinguishing rebellions throughout the solar system, Malcolm does what he’s told, takes what he’s earned, and leaves the questions to someone else—especially when it comes to the affairs of offworlders.
But his latest mission doesn’t afford him that luxury. After a high-profile bombing on Earth, the men who sign Malcolm’s paychecks are clamoring for answers. Before he can object, the corporation teams him up with a strange new partner who’s more interested in statistics than instinct and ships them both off to Titan, the disputed moon where humans have been living for centuries. Their assignment is to hunt down a group of extremists: Titanborn dissidents who will go to any length to free their home from the tyranny of Earth.
Heading into hostile territory, Malcolm will have to use everything he’s learned to stay alive. But he soon realizes that the situation on the ground is much more complex than he anticipated . . . and much more personal.
Praise for Rhett Bruno and TITANBORN:
– 2016 Global Ebook Award Honorable Mention – Science Fiction Category
- “Sci-fi noir at it’s finest! Drop what you’re doing and start reading, TITANBORN”—David Simpson, author of the bestselling and award winning Post-Human series
- “Malcolm is a classic hard-bitten hero, Zhaff is an intriguing presence, and the plot moves along briskly. This solar-system–spanning mystery will scratch the genre itch.”—Kirkus Reviews
- “A fun romp around the solar system. Raw and gritty. A thoroughly enjoyable read. Don’t miss out on this sci-fi gem!”—M.Pax, author of The Backworlds series
- Bruno expertly weaves action, capitalism, smuggling, fragile alliances, and revolution around the hard choices of a life-worn man who regrets always following orders.” —Publishers Weekly
- “Revolution, rebellion, conquest, corporate greed, and individual ethics versus the good of a larger community: it’s all there, and more, neatly tucked into a cohesive narrative that hardly stops to take a breath. . . . The prose is as compelling, witty, and atmospheric as the best hard-boiled future noir can be. . . . This up-and-coming author may have to quit his day job—a career in architecture—or give up sleep, to keep up with reader demand.” —Perihelion
- “[Rhett C. Bruno] has done a good job with Titanborn, and is definitely a science fiction author to keep your eye on in the future.” —Examiner.com
- “An exciting tale of a futuristic mystery with universe-changing potential that can be enjoyed on a visceral level . . . All science fiction fans should do themselves a favor and pick this book up.” —Sci-fi and Scary